Making Maine Better for Biking
We are the statewide voice of cyclists. Since 1992, the Bicycle Coalition of Maine has led the effort to make Maine better for biking.
- We serve as a clearinghouse for information and resources about biking and walking in Maine.
- We work for bike-friendly laws at the state and federal level – and we help ensure that they are enforced.
- We teach bike and pedestrian safety to children and adults.
- We run successful events, including the Great Maine Bike Swaps, the Women’s Ride and the Maine Lobster Ride & Roll.
- We train local advocates to make Maine towns and cities more bike-friendly.
- We promote bicycling in Maine.
- We educate drivers about how to share the road with cyclists.
The coalition’s strength comes from our members. Please help make our voice stronger by getting involved.