Making Maine Better for Biking and Walking
We are the statewide voice of cyclists. Since 1992, the Bicycle Coalition of Maine has led the effort to make Maine better for biking and walking.
- We serve as a clearinghouse for information and resources about biking and walking in Maine.
- We work for bike and pedestrian-friendly laws at the state and federal level – and we help ensure that they are enforced.
- We teach bike and pedestrian safety to children and adults.
- We run successful events, including the Great Maine Bike Swaps, the Women’s Ride and the Maine Lobster Ride & Roll.
- We train local advocates to make Maine towns and cities more bike and pedestrian friendly.
- We promote bicycling and walking in Maine.
- We educate drivers about how to share the road with cyclists.
The coalition’s strength comes from our members. Please help make our voice stronger by getting involved.