Click here to register now! The Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s Lobster Ride & Roll follows winding, country lanes and the breathtaking rockbound coast past lighthouses, lupines and lobster boats. The ride features five distance options, from a family-friendly 15 miles to a century that was recognized by Bicycling Magazine as one of the TOP TEN centuries in the country.
Costs for the Lobster Ride are:
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Members (18-64) - $65*
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Senior (65 plus) - $55*
(*To get the BCM member discount, you will need to submit your BCM member coupon code when you register. You should have received that in a January email from us. Please contact the office if you don’t know what it is.)
- Adult (18-64) - $85
- Senior (65 plus) - $75
- Youth (12-17) - $25
- Kids (11 & younger) - $0
Please note: for the first time, the Lobster ride will be held on a Sunday. Also new this year is Saturday night registration from 4-6pm at Oceanside High School. Skip the lines and register early!
Times for the ride are:
- Registration Opens - 6:30AM
- 100 mile - 7:30AM
- 80 mile - 8:00AM
- 50 mile - 8:30AM
- 30 mile - 9:00AM
- 15 mile - 9:30AM
(click for larger images and more information)
All four routes have support services and rest stops with food and water.
- 15 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map
- 30 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map
- 50 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map
- 80 mile - Route Cue-Sheet & Map (80 mile riders ride the northern 50 mile loop. listed below, and then continue on the 30 mile loop)
- 100 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map (The century consists of 2 different 50 mile loops that each start and end at the Oceanside High School. The first (northern) 50 mile loop is listed here. The second (southern) 50 mile loop is the 50 mile map and cue sheet above.
After the ride, participants will enjoy a fresh Maine lobster roll lunch, with vegetarian and tuna options available. Maine’s own world-famous Lobster Queen and Lobster Bike will be there, too!
Check out the photos from the 2012 event.
Here’s what participants had to say
about the ride:
“Gorgeous routes and terrific support!”
-Sara Huston, Topsham
“…The most beautiful ride in the state.”
-Suelle Large, Portland
“Thanks to all who helped make this the
best century I have ever experienced!
Everyone was friendly and helpful!
It was well worth the expense to fly
from Chicago to be a part of this ride
in such a beautiful area!”
-Tom Gallagher, Roselle, Illinois
“We all had a really fun ride and the kids were super proud of themselves for their accomplishment… Your group does great work, and this Rockland event is always an embodiment of the organization’s spirit.”
- Craig Davis, Peaks Island, Maine
“We really enjoyed the ride with all the beautiful views along the way. The pre-ride safety briefing, police escort, rest stops and support vehicles all added to our enjoyment. When we arrived back at the high school, the welcome that we got made us feel like we really had accomplished something.”
- Leslie and Michael Bardelli, New Milford, Connecticut