May is National Bike Month, and it’s a great time to get out on your bike and celebrate all things biking! The Coalition is celebrating by hosting a couple of events in the Greater Portland area, and partaking in partner events throughout the state. Please join us!
May 16, 5-7pm – Portland: Maine Beer Company & Bicycle Coalition of Maine Tap Takeover at Arcadia National Bar
May 19 – Portland: The Bicycle Coalition of Maine Celebrates Bike to Work Day! Join us for a group commute ride at 7:30 am, leaving from Payson Park at Baxter Boulevard, and ending in Monument Square! Can’t make the ride? No problem! Drop by to visit us in Monument Square from 7:30-10:00 am to celebrate Bike to Work Day with morning treats, photo booth, and more!
May 19, 5pm – Portland: PMA360 presents: Bike Night! On National Ride Your Bike to Work Day, stop by the Portland Museum of Art on your way home and enjoy free valet parking by The Bicycle Coalition of Maine; on-the-spot tune-ups with Cyclemania; beer specials; and a make-and-take art project that will spiff up any bicycle!
Other events around the state:
- May 9 – Bangor: Bangor Greendrinks featuring Walk-N-Roll and Maine Resource Recovery Association
- May 10: National Bike to School Day
- May 10, 8-9pm – Bangor: Lunar Cycling Ride
- May 13 – Bangor: Kid’s Bicycle Day!
- May 17, 7pm – Brunswick: Ride of Silence
- May 19: National Bike to Work Day
- May 28, 12-3pm – Portland: CocoraVelo: An Adventure Film About the Columbia Coffee Trail documentary screening at the Shipyard Brewing Company Tasting Room, 86 Newbury Street
Do you have events that you’re hosting in honor of National Bike Month or Bike to Work Week? Please let us know by emailing Liz Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you get the word out!