The Coalition is Hiring!
Bicycle Coalition of Maine
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator who will support our staff on the logistics and marketing of each of our five major events. Events include: two Great Maine Bike Swaps in Orono and Portland in April; the Maine Women’s Ride in June; the Maine Lobster Ride in July; and, the weeklong BikeMaine event in September.
The position will include 4 primary duties:
Event Coordination – 65%
- Coordination of event logistics
- Supporting event project managers on all logistics and details of each major Bicycle Coalition of Maine event: the two Great Maine Bike Swaps; the Maine Women’s Ride; the Maine Lobster Ride; and, BikeMaine.
- Contacting vendors for quotes and availability for facility use, safety services, security, food, infrastructure, etc., for each event. Maintain contracts and communications regarding payments, insurance, route logistics, etc.
- Purchasing or renting necessary event equipment, shuttles and transportation
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of all merchandise for each event.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of all event supplies
- Continuously reviewing, (with the Coalition’s Event Team), processes and procedures to refine and improve events.
- Management of Event Registrations
- Setting up and managing event registration processes
- Tracking event registrations and reporting on progress of goals
- Providing customer support for prospective and registered event participants, sponsors and vendors.
- Assistance with the design and documentation of routes for Women’s Ride, Lobster Ride and BikeMaine
Writer/Editor and Marketing – 20%
- Assisting in the implementation of the marketing plan for each of the events.
- Updating event websites, Facebook pages, and other marketing materials.
- Writing/updating manuals, handbooks, guidelines, newsletters.
- Developing copy for web pages, online registration and other parts of each event’s online presence.
Volunteer Management – 10%
- Recruiting, assigning, training and managing volunteers before, during and after the 2 Bike Swaps, Women’s Ride and Lobster Ride.
General Administrative Duties – 5%
- Answering phones and serving as receptionist for office visitors
- Updating the Coalition’s membership database, eTapestry
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is a fun, active, and friendly workplace where teamwork and flexibility are highly valued. We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic new team member with fantastic organizational skills, the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously, and who enjoys working with others (staff and volunteers), as well as independently. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about the Coalition’s mission to make Maine better for biking and walking.
Our new Event Coordinator must have demonstrated experience in implementing an online and social media marketing strategy. Previous experience and knowledge of event marketing strategies is a plus. The ideal candidate must be an effective oral and written communicator.
This position requires travel, occasional overnights, and weekend hours. Candidates should be well versed in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable using a relationship management database and collaboration tools, such as Google documents and project management programs.
To apply please email a cover letter, resume and the contact information of 3 professional references to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, November 18th.