The Coalition is Hiring!
Bicycle Coalition of Maine Office Manager & HR Specialist Job Description
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine seeks an energetic full-time Office Manager & HR Generalist to join its high performing team at its Portland headquarters. The Bicycle Coalition of Maine (BCM) is a fast-paced, statewide nonprofit organization that works to make Maine better for bicycling and walking–through legislation, advocacy, enforcement, education, and encouragement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive Director
- Office management: reception, answering the phone, processing mail, ordering supplies, overseeing office equipment, maintaining office organization
- Bookkeeping assistance to include processing checks, printing checks, filing invoices and receipts, making bank deposits, and communicating with the BCM’s accountant
- Maintaining membership database and online store
- Processing incoming membership renewals and new memberships, generating thank you letters, and orchestrating monthly membership renewal mailings
- Supporting HR operations including new employee background checks, onboarding, insurance, and records retention
- Administrative support to other full-time and part-time staff
- Assistance with supporting BCM’s major events, as well as other smaller events and meetings throughout the year
- Mailing educational materials to schools and instructors
- Managing the Coalition merchandise: inventory of merchandise, processing and shipping orders, ordering additional merchandise
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about making Maine better for bicycling and walking. Candidates should demonstrate exceptional communication and customer service skills, be organized and able to multitask, be a motivated self-starter as well as a team player, and have a strong desire to learn and grow in a professional environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer/member service skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and take ownership of areas of responsibility
- Strong computer and internet literacy
- Maintain a current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to carry 40 lbs
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google applications (Drive, Docs, Sheets) and databases
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years work experience in an office environment preferred
Salary Range: $35-40,000, commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and names and contact information of 3 references to Liz Hall, Development Director, at email@example.com by January 7, 2018. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Please hold this date open if you are applying for this position.