Making Maine a better place for biking and walking since 1992 and into the future! Help us connect with new communities by giving to the 2018 Annual Appeal:
2018 has been a productive year for the Bicycle Coalition of Maine!
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Launching of our interactive Where to Ride website.
- Working to construct new mountain bike trails in Cape Elizabeth, and playing an advisory role in planning new trails in Hebron, Bethel and Norway.
- Hosting the largest BikeMaine event on record, which included 450 riders whose economic impact totaled $745,000, predominantly in Aroostook County.
- Holding 12 “Heads Up!” forums on improving roadway safety and access across Maine, serving over 220 residents.
- Running 223 statewide bike-ped safety programs (presentations, rodeos, & bike skills courses) that educated 10,161 Maine residents of all ages (Kindergarten through adulthood) on how to use our roads legally, safely, and courteously.
We are proud of what we have accomplished in 2018 and area already planning for 2019. In the upcoming year, we are dedicated to connecting with a greater number of Maine communities than ever before. Please support us in achieving this goal and donate today!
For more information please read an important message from our Executive Director, John Williams.