Maine has seen an alarming spike in pedestrian traffic fatalities. To help reduce the number of pedestrian deaths on Maine streets, the Maine Department of Transportation has partnered with the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and communities throughout the state to produce a series of Pedestrian Safety Forums.
We want to hear your ideas about dangerous locations and the dangerous habits of pedestrians and motorists. Participants will help MDOT identify locations and behaviors in their community that impact pedestrian safety, and receive some tips on safe road behavior as well as reflective safety gear.
Pedestrian Safety Forums
Wednesday, Sept. 20, 6-8pm
– Mt. Ararat High School, 73 Eagles’ Way, Topsham
Wednesday, Nov 1, 6-8pm
– Orono Council Chambers, 59 Main St., Orono
– Orono Flyer
BANGOR (2 Forums)
West Side: Wednesday, Aug 9, 6-8pm
– James F. Doughty School, 143 5th St., Bangor
– Bangor (Doughty) Flyer & Facebook Event
East Side: Wednesday, Aug 16, 6-8pm
– William S Cohen School, 304 Garland St., Bangor
– Bangor (Cohen) Flyer & Facebook Event
Dates for more communities TBA