Maine has seen an alarming spike in pedestrian traffic fatalities. To help reduce the number of pedestrian deaths on Maine streets, the Maine Department of Transportation has partnered with the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and communities throughout the state to produce a series of Pedestrian Safety Forums.
We want to hear your ideas about dangerous locations and the dangerous habits of pedestrians and motorists. Participants will help MDOT identify locations and behaviors in their community that impact pedestrian safety, and receive some tips on safe road behavior as well as reflective safety gear.
This Heads Up! Program is running from 2017-2019 and includes but is not limited to
1) Pedestrian Safety Forums (PSF) and
2) Safer Walking Forums (SWF).
Upcoming 2018 Pedestrian Safety Forums
- Rockland “Safer Walking Forum” – Tuesday June 26, 6-8pm
- Bangor “Safer Walking Forum” – Wednesday July 18, 6-8pm
- Orono “Safer Walking Forum” – Wednesday Aug 15, 6-8pm
- Brewer “Safer Walking Forum” – Thursday Aug 16, 6-8pm