Every woman. Any bike. One ride.
The Maine Women’s Ride
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
10, 25, 50, and 62-mile routes
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s Women’s Ride is a celebration of women and bicycling. The event offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere geared toward girls and women of all ages and abilities. The routes (ten, 25, 50 or 62 mile options) follow quiet roads, offering beautiful views of the Maine coast and countryside.
All rides begin and end at L.L. Bean’s Casco Conference Center. There are rest stops, healthy snacks and support vehicles along the way. Upon your return, you’ll be welcomed with music, yoga and a party! We’ll have free munchies, music and LOTS of door prizes.
Route maps and cue sheets coming in Spring 2015.
Enjoy the day as an individual or as part of a team. As with most things, the more the merrier! So encourage your mom, daughters, sisters, co-workers, and friends to ride together. Make this ride your ‘Start of the Summer’ tradition!
(click for larger images and more information)
- Take I-295 to Exit 20, Desert Rd, in Freeport.
- Turn onto Desert Road (a right if you’re northbound, a left if southbound) and continue to the traffic light at Route 1.
- Bear left onto Route 1 North.
- Turn right onto Casco Street after the second light.
- The LL Bean Conference Center will be on your left.
- Park beyond the Center in the back-right parking lot.
A note from one of our riders:
“Simply being signed up for the 50-mile ride had some great benefits for me: I went on long training rides, alone and with dear friends, that took me to some beautiful new places in Southern Maine and showed me what I’m capable of…I’m looking forward to a great summer (and lifetime) of longer rides now that I know what I can do.” – Kerri