The Great Maine Bike Swaps offer a great way to buy used bicycles at an affordable price. You also can sell the bikes cluttering your garage or basement and turn them into cash.
At the swaps, you can choose from hundreds of bikes, including hybrids, road bikes, mountain bikes, children’s bikes, recumbents and more. The inventory covers all price ranges, so you’re sure to find something that suits your budget. And you’ll be going “green” by getting a gently used bike rather than a new one.
Portland Swap Details
- Sunday April 28, 2013
- USM / Sullivan Recreation and Fitness Complex
- 66 Falmouth St, Portland, Maine 04103
We offer online seller registration as well as onsite. If you want to sell online, please read below for instructions. If you want to register onsite, you can drop bikes off on Saturday evening (or Sunday morning as a last resort).
Before the Swap
- Click the button above and fill out the form anytime before the Swap.
- Drop off your bike on April 27th between 6-8pm to avoid the long lines! When you drop off your bike, we’ll confirm the information from this form is accurate, you’ll pay $3 to sell your bike and we’ll take care of the rest!
- If you or a friend really can’t drop off your bike on Saturday, we will offer a
Sunday drop-off from 8-10am with a
registration fee of $5.
- During the course of the Swap, you’ll be able to check whether your bike has sold by visiting bikemaine.org/bikes-sold. This page will be updated in real-time as bikes are sold at the Swap.
After the Swap
- If your bike sells, we will mail you a check for the proceeds within two weeks of the Swap, minus a 15 percent commission to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine.
- If your bike has not sold, you MUST pick it up by 2:30pm on the day of the Swap. If you do not pick it up, it will be donated to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine.
If you are selling more than 5 bicycles, please email email@example.com for more information about a streamlined registration process.
We’re not taking parts this year, but if you’re interested in selling them yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about setting up a table.
Are you a Buyer?
If you’re shopping for a bicycle, show up early for the best selection. You’ll have a chance to see displays by local bikes shops and community organizations, get some delicious refreshments and pick up information about Maine biking events.
Admission is $3, with free admission for students at the University of Maine and the University of Southern Maine and children 12 or younger. For more information, call the Bicycle Coalition of Maine at (207) 623-4511 or e-mail.
Forms of Payment:
- Cash is accepted for $3 admission.
- Cash is accepted for $3 bicycle listing fee.
- Cash/checks (fastest) or credit cards are accepted for payment of bicycles.