The Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s Lobster Ride & Roll follows winding, country lanes and the breathtaking rockbound coast past lighthouses, lupines and lobster boats. The ride features five distance options, from a family-friendly 15 miles to a century that was recognized by Bicycling Magazine as one of the TOP TEN centuries in the country.
As a bonus, every first-time rider who is not a member of the Coalition will receive a FREE six-month trial membership!
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Members (18-64) - $75*
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Senior (65 plus) - $65*
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Family (2 Adults & 2 Youth) - $180*
(*To get the BCM member discount, you will need to submit your BCM member promotion code on the Cart page when you register. You should have received that code in a February email from us. Please contact the office if you don’t know what it is.)
- Adult (18-64) - $95
- Senior (65 plus) - $85
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Youth) - $200
- Youth (12-17) - $25
- Kids (11 & younger) - $0
All five routes have support services and rest stops with food and water.
- 15 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 30 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 50 mile Southern - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 50 mile Northern - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 80 mile - Route Cue-Sheet & Map (80 mile riders ride the northern 50 mile loop, and then continue on the 30 mile loop)
- 100 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map (The century consists of the northern 50 mile loop and then the southern 50 mile loop.)
After the ride, participants will enjoy a fresh Maine lobster roll lunch, with vegetarian and tuna options available. Maine’s own world-famous Lobster Queen and Lobster Bike will be there, too!
Here’s what participants had to say
about the ride:
“Gorgeous routes and terrific support!”
-Sara Huston, Topsham
“…The most beautiful ride in the state.”
-Suelle Large, Portland
“Thanks to all who helped make this the
best century I have ever experienced!
Everyone was friendly and helpful!
It was well worth the expense to fly
from Chicago to be a part of this ride
in such a beautiful area!”
-Tom Gallagher, Roselle, Illinois
“We all had a really fun ride and the kids were super proud of themselves for their accomplishment… Your group does great work, and this Rockland event is always an embodiment of the organization’s spirit.”
- Craig Davis, Peaks Island, Maine
“We really enjoyed the ride with all the beautiful views along the way. The pre-ride safety briefing, police escort, rest stops and support vehicles all added to our enjoyment. When we arrived back at the high school, the welcome that we got made us feel like we really had accomplished something.”
- Leslie and Michael Bardelli, New Milford, Connecticut