Every woman. Any bike. One ride.
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s Women’s Ride is a celebration of women and bicycling. The event offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere geared toward girls and women of all ages and abilities. The routes (ten, 25, 50 or 62 mile options) follow quiet roads, offering beautiful views of the Maine coast and countryside.
All rides begin and end at L.L. Bean’s Casco Conference Center. There are rest stops, healthy snacks and support vehicles along the way. We will be offering pre and post-ride massage and upon your return, you’ll be welcomed with music, yoga and a party! We’ll have free munchies, music and LOTS of door prizes.
The “Bike Ambassador” program will continue in 2014. We’re giving new participants the option of riding with experienced Women’s Ride cyclists. Think of an ambassador as someone who will keep you company for the whole ride, knows the route, is confident about riding anywhere and can help you no matter what happens. We will also be featuring Saturday evening registration and packet pickup. Skip the lines and register/check-in early!
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Members (18-64) - $45*
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine Seniors (65 plus) - $35*
(*To get the BCM member discount, you will need to submit your BCM member promotion code on the Cart page when you register. You should have received that in a February email from us. Please contact the office if you don’t know what it is.)
- Adult (18-64) - $55
- Senior (65 plus) - $45
- Youth (12-17) - $35
- 10 Mile Ride (Registration for both a Parent & Child to ride) - $35
- Kids (11 & younger) - $0
- 10 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 25 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 50 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
- 62 mile - Route Cue Sheet & Map Coming Soon
Enjoy the day as an individual or as part of a team. As with most things, the more the merrier! So encourage your mom, daughters, sisters, co-workers, and friends to ride together. Make this ride your ‘Start of the Summer’ tradition!
(click for larger images and more information)
- Take I-295 to Exit 20, Desert Rd, in Freeport.
- Turn onto Desert Road (a right if you’re northbound, a left if southbound) and continue to the traffic light at Route 1.
- Bear left onto Route 1 North.
- Turn right onto Casco Street after the second light.
- The LL Bean Conference Center will be on your left.
- Park beyond the Center in the back-right parking lot.
A note from one of our riders:
“Simply being signed up for the 50-mile ride had some great benefits for me: I went on long training rides, alone and with dear friends, that took me to some beautiful new places in Southern Maine and showed me what I’m capable of…I’m looking forward to a great summer (and lifetime) of longer rides now that I know what I can do.” – Kerri