The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to join our exciting organization and build on our 25-year record of success in advancing educational, policy, and outreach-based initiatives to make Maine better for biking and walking.
Located in Portland, Maine, the Coalition is the statewide voice of cyclists in Maine, working for a bike and pedestrian-friendly culture supported by laws at the state and federal level. The Coalition also produces high-profile statewide events such as the Great Maine Bike Swap, the Women’s Ride, the Maine Lobster Ride and Roll, and BikeMaine.
The organization has an active and supportive Board of Directors and an enthusiastic, broad membership of individuals, families, and businesses who are very committed to and involved in carrying out our mission. We are financially sound, have an updated strategic plan, and a very talented and committed team of professional staff.
The ideal candidate for this position will have or will be able to quickly gain:
- Proven experience and skills leading an organization with a strong strategic orientation
- Experience in fundraising, grant-writing, donor solicitation, and other fund development strategies
- A passion for and personal experience with the issues and challenges associated with bicycling for transportation, leisure, tourism, and recreation
- A commitment to making Maine a great place for bicycling and walking
- Knowledge of or proven ability to learn about key aspects of Maine: public policy, state agencies, political system, philanthropy, etc.
- Success dealing with multiple constituencies, including community, governmental, donors, board of directors, and staff
- Proven organizational and management skills; understanding the importance of developing and motivating staff as key to the success of the Coalition
- Strong public speaking, written, and interpersonal skills to ensure positive representation of the Coalition in all venues
- High degree of integrity, creativity and transparency
If you are qualified and are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity with a very successful organization, a competitive salary and benefit package, and a great work environment, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, send an email with a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to BCM.ExecDir.Search@gmail.com. Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2017.
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.