Welcome to the 2016 Super Raffle! We have an amazing prize lineup this year and are incredibly grateful to the sponsors who kindly donated prizes and made this raffle possible. Read on for more information about each prize.
The Super Raffle Winners have been chosen! Five lucky winners were selected at our Kick-Off Party and here they are:
- Grand Prize: Bicycling Trip of a lifetime to Spain donated by VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations – Tom Mackie (Ashburn, VA)
- Runner Up Prize: BikeMaine 2016 Registration – Cindy Andrews (Cumberland Foreside, ME)
- 3rd prize: Trek Road Bike donated by Cyclemania – Scott Wellman (Dover-Foxcroft, ME)
- 4th prize: Thule Roof or Rear Bike Rack donated by Rainbow Bicycle – Chris Beneman (Scarborough, ME)
- 5th prize: Coalition Team Kit & Swag Bag – Christopher Dunn (Portland, ME)
Thank you to everyone who took part!
Bicycling Trip of a lifetime to Spain: Under the Andalusian Sky
Generously donated by VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations.
Discover the enchanting, heralded cities
of Cordoba and Granada, where Andalusia’s Roman, Christian, and Moorish past converge so harmoniously. Explore the charming pueblos blancos, or white village, of Zuheros, with breathtaking views from a rocky promontory. Cycle along roads once trod by adventurers and mystics, through the gently rolling countryside graced with olive groves and vineyards. And there’s so much more to savor in this sun-splashed region of Spain. We’ll cook with a local chef, share picnic lunches with families at their cortijos, and enjoy wine and olive oil tastings with the farmers who make them, delighting in the warmth of Andalusian life. Click here for more information.
- Roundtrip international airfare for 1 person from Boston
- 8 nights in 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels
- 15 meals — 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Free use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Full Van Support
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Share two picnic lunches at a cortijo, or farmhouse, with welcoming local families.
- Discover the beauty of Cordoba on a private tour and during time on your own.
- Cycle from Aguilar de la Frontera to Moriles along the renowned Wine Road.
- Feel the pulse of daily life with two nights each at three hacienda-style hotels.
- Enjoy lunch at a Spanish bodega and taste locally produced wines.
- Ride the Via Verde, a bike path built on a former railway line.
- Learn how to make the signature Spanish dish, La Paella.
- Bike along peaceful roads lined with farms, olive groves, and splendid country vistas.
Runner Up Prize:
Free Registration to 2016 BikeMaine Ride ($875 value).
Join 400 fellow riders as you explore Maine by bike on the fourth annual BikeMaine ride. You’ll pedal 50-55 miles daily across Maine’s varied landscapes on a fully supported ride, camping along the way in friendly and unique communities that will highlight what makes Maine great. BikeMaine 2016 will travel to “The Bold Coast” exploring parts of Washington and Hancock Counties.
The dates of our 2016 ride will be September 10-17, 2017. The route will be announced in early February. Click here for more information.
A Trek Road Bike ($769 value).
Generously donated by Cyclemania.
Women’s: Lexa is a light, fast women’s road bike. Sleek shaping and a carbon fork make Lexa the perfect choice for road rides, triathlons, or however you choose to rack up the miles. Click here for more information.
Men’s: 1 Series aluminium road bikes feature the same aero shaping and race-ready detail as our top-end bikes. They’re strong, light, and built to fly over the pavement. Click here for more information.
The Winner may trade bike for different size, color or apply retail value to a higher priced bike.
Any Thule Roof or Rear Bike Rack (up to $500 value).
Generously donated by Rainbow Bicycle.
Whether it’s an all day mountain epic, a race against the clock, or cruising to the beach—off-road or on-road, Thule offers several convenient solutions for carrying your bike. All these designs make it quick and easy for you to load, secure and lock the bike in place and allow you to quickly be on your way. Click here for more information.
Bicycle Coalition of Maine Team Kit & Swag Bag ($200 value).
Be the first rider on your block to have the new limited edition Coalition high visibility Team Jersey! You’ll also get our bibs or shorts, a Coalition hat, t-shirt and your choice of socks!
Your financial contribution to the annual Bicycle Coalition of Maine Raffle directly supports our mission and allows us to continue our work on behalf of all cyclists in Maine. In this case, your donation is not tax deductible.