The Bicycle Coalition of Maine leads the effort to improve biking in our state:
- We teach bike and pedestrian safety to children and adults.
- We work for passage of bike-friendly laws and policies in Maineand at the national level.
- We support funding for trails and other cycling projects.
- We manage the Maine Safe Routes to School program, in partnership with MaineDOT, to encourage students to bike and walk to school.
- We provide bicycle commuter education programs for Maine businesses.
- We work with police to improve enforcement of Maine biking laws.
- We educate drivers about the importance of sharing the road.
- We train local advocates to work for biking improvements in their communities.