Bicycle Coalition of Maine Office Administrator
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine seeks a part-time office administrator to join its team at its Portland headquarters. The Bicycle Coalition of Maine (BCM) is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to make Maine better for bicycling–through legislation, advocacy, education and encouragement. Our programs include Community Spokes (community advocacy and outreach); Safe Routes to School; and, the Maine Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education (BPSE) program. We also run a number of events including the Great Maine Bike Swaps, the Maine Women’s Ride, the Lobster Ride & Roll and the BikeMaine (week-long) ride.
Office Administrator duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative support to seven full-time and three part-time staff
- Office management tasks, such as reception duties, answering the phone, processing mail, ordering supplies, overseeing office equipment, maintaining office organization
- Assistance with coordinating the BCM’s five signature events: two Great Maine Bike Swaps (April), the Maine Women’s Ride (June), the Lobster Ride and Roll (July), and BikeMaine (September) as well as other smaller events throughout the year
- Bookkeeping assistance to include printing checks, filing invoices and receipts, making bank deposits, and communicating with the BCM’s off-site accountant
- Processing incoming membership renewals and new memberships, generating thank-you letters, and orchestrating monthly membership renewal mailings
- Preparing and mailing educational materials to schools and BPSE instructors
- Managing the Coalition merchandise: inventory of merchandise, processing and shipping orders, ordering additional merchandise
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about making Maine better for bicycling and walking. Candidates should demonstrate exceptional communications skills, be organized and able to multi-task, be a motivated self-starter as well as a team player, and a have a strong desire to learn and grow in a professional environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer/member service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer and internet literacy
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions
- GED required; associate’s degree/bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years work experience in an office environment preferred
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans.
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention: Nancy Grant, Executive Director.
Application Deadline: December 30, 2013
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Target Start Date: January 21
Region: Southern Maine
Specific Location: 34 Preble Street, Portland, ME