Join us for National Bike to Work Day!
The Coalition is gearing up for our annual Bike To Work Day events and we want you to be part of the fun.
Are you already a year round commuter who feels like every day is bike to work day? This event is for you!
Are you someone who has considered riding, but wants more information and a little push to get over the hump? This event is for you!
Are you someone who has a neighbor or friend who would enjoy biking to work? Bring them along, this is event is for you!
We’re teaming up with the City of Portland to put on an awesome event in Portland’s Monument Square on Friday, May 16th from 7-9:30am, and we want you to be part of celebrating National Bike to Work Day.
Onsite activities and promotions will include:
- A photo booth where attendees can snap a picture while they explain, “I bike to work because…”
- Free drinks and refreshments for bike commuters generously donated by our partners at Big Sky Bread Company, Others!, Spartan Grill
- Safety information, including helmet fitting and handouts
- Mechanical checks, including chain lube and tire pressure check
- As a bonus, the first 25 City employees who arrive at the event by bicycle on their way to work will receive a $5 gift certificate to the Portland Farmers’ Market as part of the City of Portland’s employee wellness program.
Our partners in this event include: the City of Portland’s Departments of Public Services and Planning and Urban Development; Healthy Portland, a program of the City’s Health & Human Services Department; Portland Area Comprehensive Transportation System (PACTS); and USM Office of Sustainability.