- This event has passed.
Foundations of MTB – Novice to Begintermediate on the Eastern Prom
May 31, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 6, 2017
Skill Classes will be held every other Wednesday from 6-8pm (weather-dependant) on the Eastern Prom, meeting at the WW2 memorial, near the tennis courts and softball fields.
Skills covered to include:
- Fit and familiarization with your bike and its controls
- Proper body positioning for riding in different terrain
- Braking technique and timing
- Shifting technique and timing
- Climbing and Descending techniques
- Trail knowledge and etiquette
All classes and rides are BYO-Bike and 18+.
HELMETS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL CLASSES AND RIDES.
Also consider bringing water, a snack or two, and appropriate clothing.
Check in with the Portland Gear Hub and other local bike shops if you need to rent a bike.