Smart Cycling Traffic Skills 101 – Kittery
May 4 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Traffic Skills 101 is a fantastic course that can serve as a way to learn how to ride in traffic, hone in on some specific information and techniques, and refresh your knowledge as a skilled rider.
Traffic Skills 101 is also the prerequisite to becoming a League Cycling Instructor (LCI). LCIs are qualified to become contracted Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Instructors through the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and receive payment for your bike/ped safety work at a rate of $30/hour in addition to liability insurance coverage while conducting bicycle safety education programming.
Traffic Skills 101 courses offered by the Bicycle Coalition of Maine are FREE and open to the general public!
Traffic Skills 101 requires 4 hours of online classroom work and 5 hours of on-bike training.
Two on-bike courses are available:
Saturday April 27 in Bangor,
Saturday May 4 in Kittery.
Please complete the TS101 sign-up form if you are interested in participating.
Registration is capped at 15 students/class
Online – must be completed before on-bike portion
1) Spend time studying the Traffic Skills 101 Manual, available online here.
2) When you are ready to take the test, visit bikeed.org
3) Click “Begin Course”
4) Click “Registration”
5) Register for the course, SELECT “Maine” FROM THE REGION LIST
6) Take the test, keep track of which questions you got WRONG
7) Print out Quiz results to bring to the on-bike portion of the class
Sat. April 27, 9am-3pm, Bangor
Sat. May 4, 9am-3pm, Kittery
Please sign-up using the TS101 sign-up form.