Do you have a cycling program or project in mind but need help bringing it to fruition? We are excited to announce that the BCM has received funding to support a microgrant program intended to encourage a more diverse and inclusive riding community!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? Clubs or organizations based in Maine that are looking to start or build programming that supports underrepresented genders and identities in cycling.
WHAT IS A BCM MICROGRANT? One-time awards of $250-500 meant to offset programming expenses including, but not limited to; marketing, paying ride leaders or instructors, equipment, permits etc.
WHEN? Microgrant applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until May 22 at 11:59 PM. All microgrant recipients will be announced by June with the intention of supporting 2023 programming.
Funding is available for programs taking place in 2023.
Applicants will be asked to provide the following information:
- Proposed, itemized budget (funding between $250-500)
- Expenses that need covering, such as:
- Marketing for rides or workshops
- Payment for ride leaders or workshop instructors
- Snacks, first aid kits, tire pumps, tire levers, etc.
- Permits or facilities fees related to programming
Not sure if your program is eligible for funding? Reach out to email@example.com for a discussion.