The Fundamentals of Bike/Ped Leadership
Do you want to…
Help your town create safer and more welcoming places for biking and walking?
Help jump-start an education program at the local elementary school?
Work on a policy that will make biking and walking conditions safer and better?
The following links will bring you to resources and more information that will help equip you to be a bike/ped champion in your community.
Planning Your Project
- Pre-training Brainstorming Worksheet
- Planning Worksheets
- Stair Speech Worksheet
- The Alliance for Biking and Walking “Winning Campaigns” Workbook
Forming a Team or Committee
In the Spokes program, we emphasize the importance of committees and public input. Most advocacy work begins with a single person becoming passionate about an issue and then recruiting like-minded folks to assist in the effort. If you can create a group to help in your efforts, you greatly multiply your effectiveness.
- Create a Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee in your town
- Host Good Meetings
- Host a Bicycle and Pedestrian Forum
- Sample Community Bike/Ped Survey
- Solutions for Bikeable and Walkable Communities: Programs, Policies, and Projects
Power Point Presentations
Optional Callout Bar
Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar.
Bike Maine Swap 2018