Traffic Safety Day at the Capitol
Tuesday, April 11, 9am-12pm, Augusta, ME
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is coordinating a Traffic Safety Day at the Capital from 9am-12pm on Tuesday, April 11. Please join us in promoting the Traffic Safety Education Act by meeting with your legislators at the State Capitol and expressing why this act is important to you. We’ll provide you with some training and an opportunity to meet with your legislator right after a session. It’s a fun and empowering event! Here’s what’s on tap:
- 8 am: Join the Coalition and the Legislature’s Bike/Ped Caucus at the Cross Café (11 Sewall St., Augusta) to discuss biking and walking issues.
- 9:15-10:30 am: Meet with Coalition members and bike-ped advocates at the Maine DOT building (24 Child St., 1st-floor conference room, Augusta) to go over talking points in support of the bill and receive a brief training about how to effectively communicate with your legislators.
- 10:45-11:45 am: Meet with your legislators to ask them to vote for the Traffic Safety Education Act!
- 11:45-12 pm: Debrief, location TBD
- 12-1 pm: Lunch break (lunch not provided)
- 1 pm: Attend the legislative hearing on LD 1130, An Act to Provide Traffic Safety Education in Maine Schools in Room 202, Cross Building, Augusta.
Please sign up using the form below. This will ensure that you receive the event details closer to the date.
To find your legislators in preparation for Traffic Safety Day at the Capitol, follow this link and search by your town.
Hope to see you on April 11th!
Optional Callout Bar
Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar.
Bike Maine Swap 2018