Basic Bike Equipment: Once you have your bike, there are a few other items you might consider buying as they will ensure your safety and comfort, no matter how long your ride. Below we have listed our suggestions and have marked the essentials with an asterisk (*).
- Eye wear
- Reflective clothing for night riding*
- Biking Shorts—tight or baggy! (soften your seat)
- Neon Shells
- Bicycle Shoes—more efficient and comfortable than riding in running shoes!
- Water Bottle cage*
- Water bottle*
- Hydration pack
- Patch Kit*
- Multi tool (for quick basic repairs)
- Tail Lights
- Rain Gear
- Wheel Lights
- Rack (so you can easily carry panniers and other items)
- Panniers, bags, baskets
- Cyclometer (measures your speed, distance, average, time, etc)
Maine is home to more than 50 independently owned bike shops that can help equip you for an type of riding. Click here for a list of shops.
Optional Callout Bar
Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar. Explanation of optional callout bar.
This is an H2 Title