Maine is home to a number of very active bike clubs. Bike clubs provide a great way to meet other bicyclists in your area and to learn from their experience. Clubs provide people to ride with and organized rides to join. If you’re new to an area, your bike club can help you find the best routes!
Many bicycle clubs organize several rides a week, catering to a variety of levels and including a range of distances. Some bike clubs have special rides of longer distances during the course of the bike season and some hold social events at various times of the year. Check out Weekly Rides in Maine for a list of club and shop rides.
Bike Clubs in Maine (clubs with an asterisk * are members of the Coalition)
- Auburn: *Maine Cycling Club
- Augusta/Waterville: *Kennebec Valley Bicycle Club – Jim Merrick, (207) 293-3784
- Bar Harbor: *Bike MDI – Ron Greenberg
- Belfast: *Belfast Bicycle Club
- Brunswick: *Merrymeeting Wheelers – Sandy Bickford
- Central Maine: Central Maine Cycling Club – Dave Richard
- Kennebunkport: *Maine Coast Cycling Club, Peter Chace, (207) 590-943
- Portland: *Casco Bay Bicycle Club – Donald George, treasurer@cascobaybicycleclub.
- Portland: *Community Cycling Club of Portland – Kris Clark, (207) 775-0356
- Portland: *Portland Velo Club – Ted Darling
- Portland: Rage on Portland
- Tospham: *MidCoast Triathalon Club – Mark Grandonico
- Southern Maine: Single Track Sisters
Is your club a member? Sign your club up to be a member of the Bicycle Coalition of Maine!
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine works to make Maine better for bicycling. Please become an individual member.