The BCM’s Business Members are a vital component of our mission to make Maine a better and safer place to walk and ride a bicycle by sustaining our education, advocacy, and encouragement work across the entire state. Your support of the Coalition, in addition to providing your business with a range of benefits, ensures we can fully implement our program and initiatives, including:
- Partnering with communities, businesses, and individuals to increase and improve bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure
- Advocating for active transportation policies, such as Complete Streets, at the local and state level
- Teaching cyclists, pedestrians, and drivers how to safely, legally, and courteously share the road
- Working with police departments to ensure that laws meant to protect bicycle riders and pedestrians are enforced
- Inspiring a love of being active to children and adults alike!