We’re always looking for volunteers to help our events, advocacy, and education teams! Your generosity and expertise helps us succeed in making Maine better for biking and walking.
Here are a few ways you can get involved with the BCM:
- Volunteer at the Great Maine Bike Swap hosted each April.
- Provide written or oral testimony on one of our bills at the Maine State Legislature.
- Help build or maintain a trail with our Off-Road Bicycle Education (ORBE) program.
- Volunteer for our Valet Bike Parking areas at a range of events throughout the year.
- Assist with an “Imagine People Here” infrastructure demonstration.
- Volunteer at the BikeMaine Weekend in September.
- Help hold rodeos and other bike/ped safety education activities for kids.
Specifically, we are currently looking for volunteers to:
- Teach others how to bike and walk safely—year-round and statewide. Instructor training & stipends available!
Sign up here if you’d like to get involved!