The Coalition offers Valet Bike Parking at events throughout the state in order to reduce traffic and parking congestion, offset carbon emissions, and provide event goers with what we believe is the best transportation option. Our Valet Bike Parking service is quick, convenient, secure, and is sure to add value to your event.
“The fast, fun, and environmentally responsible way to travel…” Runner’s World
“It just makes sense” Bruce Rayner Athletes for a Fit Planet
“If you can just bike away at the end, it’s so much easier.” Nancy Grant, Bicycle Coalition of Maine
Upcoming Events with Valet Bike Parking:
- Sundays with the Sea Dogs – Pedal to the Park – all Sunday home games!
- South Portland/Cape Elizabeth Buy Local Bug Light Festival – August 27
- Portland Ovations – Pedal Punk – October 27
For Event Goers
How does it work?
- Ride your bike to the event hosting Valet Bike Parking.
- Write your name and phone number on a sign-in sheet, just in case your bike is left behind after the event.
- Get a numbered wristband that matches the one we place on your bike.
- Have the time of your life at the event.
- When you’re ready to leave, head back to the valet area and show the attendant your wristband number.
- Get your bike back just as you left it.
- Ride off into the sunset past everyone waiting in vehicular traffic.
For Event Planners
What We Offer
- Assistance with site selection for Valet Bike Parking service
- Portable bike rack rental and transportation
- Parking area attendants for security
- Valet Bike Parking service for event goers convenience
- Clear Valet Bike Parking signage
- Promotion of your event through the Coalition’s social media channels
Keys to a Successful Event
- Requesting Valet Bike Parking service as early as possible
- A highly visible, convenient parking location central to your event
- Promotion of the Valet Bike Parking service to your attendees
- Incentivizing Valet Bike Parking to event goers (e.g. discounted admission, food/drink tickets, swag, etc.
We will evaluate your event and determine a suggested honorarium* to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine, depending on the following factors:
- -Type, duration, and location of event
- -Expected attendance and bike parking utilization
- -Staffing level required
- -Your ability to assist us with logistics, staffing, and rack transportation
- -Your ability to provide “perks” to assistants, such as tickets for food or event admission
*If you feel your municipal or non-profit organization cannot afford our services, consider asking one of your sponsors to sponsor valet bike parking! We will gladly display sponsor information in our area.
2016 Event Partners:
- Allagash Brewing Co.
- Portland Sea Dogs
- TD Beach to Beacon 10k Race
- Maine Brewer’s Guild
- Portland Downtown
- Portland Museum of Art
- Portland Ovations
- South Portland/Cape Elizabeth Buy Local
Volunteer with Us
Valet Bike Parking would not be possible without our fantastic volunteers! If you’re interested in volunteering for an upcoming Valet Bike Parking event, email email@example.com, or call Bridgette Kelly at (207) 623-4511. Volunteers are needed at the following events:
Portland Sea Dogs Home Games – VOLUNTEERS SEE THE GAME FOR FREE!
Sunday, August 7, and Sunday August 28
Haddock Field (Portland)
Beach to Beacon 10k Race
Saturday, August 6
6am-9am or 9am-12pm
Fort Williams Park (Cape Elizabeth)
Bug Light Festival
Saturday, August 27
9am-12pm or 12pm-3pm
Bug Light Park (South Portland)
If you’re interested in hosting Valet Bike Parking at your event, please fill out the form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Bridgette Kelly at (207) 623-4511.