The Coalition offers Valet Bike Parking at events throughout the state in order to reduce traffic and parking congestion, offset carbon emissions, and provide event goers with what we believe is the best transportation option. Our Valet Bike Parking service is quick, convenient, secure, and is sure to add value to your event.
“The fast, fun, and environmentally responsible way to travel…” Runner’s World
“It just makes sense” Bruce Rayner Athletes for a Fit Planet
“If you can just bike away at the end, it’s so much easier.” Nancy Grant, Bicycle Coalition of Maine
Upcoming Events with Valet Bike Parking:
Friday, May 19, 5 pm: Bike Night at the Portland Museum of Art
On National Ride Your Bike to Work Day, why not stop by the Portland Museum of Art on your way home? We’ll be providing free valet bicycle parking, and you can enjoy on-the-spot tune-ups with Cyclemania, a raffle for a brand new L.L. Bean bike, and a make-and-take art project that will spiff up any bicycle!
Saturday, May 20, 11 am – 4 pm: 8th Annual Bug Light Kite Festival
Enjoy free valet bicycle parking at the 8th annual Bug Light Kite Festival. Members of the Noreasters Kite Club and KONE (Kites Over New England) will lend their expertise and offer many activities, including a “How to Fly a Kite” workshop, demonstrations of show kites, bol racing and a candy drop for the kids. The club will also have a kite hospital to help with kite assembly and fixes.
Sunday, June 11, 11 am – 5 pm: Old Port Festival
Kick off summer in Maine at the 44th annual Old Port Festival with free valet bicycle parking! This family-friendly event is an outdoor celebration of music, art, and community in the heart of beautiful Downtown Portland. Enjoy awesome live music, Maine-made arts and crafts, food from local businesses, kids’ activities, and more. As always, the Old Port Festival is a rain or shine event!
Saturday, June 24, 11 am – 6 pm: 3rd Annual Allagash Brewery Street Fair
The 3rd Annual Allagash Brewery Street Fair is filled with music, performances, and fun events, good food and, of course, good beer. Performers from Circus Maine will be showing off their talents, local musicians will be playing on both of our event stages, and we’ll be holding a Pinewood Derby open to any entrants. There will also be an Arcade with a range of games curated by Arcadia National Bar. Other attractions will include: local artisans, outdoor games, a photo booth, and more.
Saturday, Aug 5: Beach to Beach 10K Road Race
The TD Beach to Beacon 10K attracts almost 6,500 runners, making it the largest road race in the Pine Tree State, who are cheered by thousands of spectators lining the course and assisted by 800+ volunteers. Held along the stunning Maine coastline on the first Saturday of every August, the event promotes and celebrates health, fitness and giving back. The B2B always draws a huge crowd, so don’t get caught in traffic and ride your bike to and from the event and take advantave of our valet parking service for bicycles.
For Event Goers
How does it work?
- Ride your bike to the event hosting Valet Bike Parking.
- Write your name and phone number on a sign-in sheet, just in case your bike is left behind after the event.
- Get a numbered wristband that matches the one we place on your bike.
- Have the time of your life at the event.
- When you’re ready to leave, head back to the valet area and show the attendant your wristband number.
- Get your bike back just as you left it.
- Ride off into the sunset past everyone waiting in vehicular traffic.
For Event Planners
What We Offer
- Assistance with site selection for Valet Bike Parking service
- Portable bike rack rental and transportation
- Parking area attendants for security
- Valet Bike Parking service for event goers convenience
- Clear Valet Bike Parking signage
- Promotion of your event through the Coalition’s social media channels
Keys to a Successful Event
- Requesting Valet Bike Parking service as early as possible
- A highly visible, convenient parking location central to your event
- Promotion of the Valet Bike Parking service to your attendees
- Incentivizing Valet Bike Parking to event goers (e.g. discounted admission, food/drink tickets, swag, etc.
We will evaluate your event and determine a suggested honorarium* to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine, depending on the following factors:
- -Type, duration, and location of event
- -Expected attendance and bike parking utilization
- -Staffing level required
- -Your ability to assist us with logistics, staffing, and rack transportation
- -Your ability to provide “perks” to assistants, such as tickets for food or event admission
*If you feel your municipal or non-profit organization cannot afford our services, consider asking one of your sponsors to sponsor valet bike parking! We will gladly display sponsor information in our area.
2017 Event Partners:
- Allagash Brewing Co.
- Portland Sea Dogs
- TD Beach to Beacon 10k Race
- Maine Brewer’s Guild
- Portland Downtown
- Portland Museum of Art
- Portland Ovations
- South Portland/Cape Elizabeth Buy Local
Volunteer with Us
Valet Bike Parking would not be possible without our fantastic volunteers! If you’re interested in volunteering for an upcoming Valet Bike Parking event, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (207) 623-4511. Volunteers are needed at the following events:
If you’re interested in hosting Valet Bike Parking at your event, please fill out the form below, email email@example.com, or call us at (207) 623-4511.