The Bicycle Coalition of Maine has a brand-new, fast, and fun way to find the perfect ride for you.
Maine is one of the world’s premier bicycling locations. Featuring winding, remote country lanes, picturesque coastal routes, and miles of mountainous trail networks, Maine has something to offer every cyclist. The Where to Ride web tool allows you to search and filter through hundreds of curated rides in Maine.
- Rides are designated as Easy, Medium, or Difficult
- Easy rides are generally fewer than 25 miles and with grades generally less than 5%
- Medium rides are generally between 25-50 miles and/or with grades generally between 6-8%
- Difficult rides are generally greater than 50 miles and/or with grades of more than 8%
- Clicking the Show Traffic button overlays traffic data onto the route map, showing which sections of road rides have the most and least traffic, and is color coded for easy use.
- Clicking the Show Slope button overlays the percentage grade along the route and is color coded for easy use.
- GPX and KML files can be downloaded for FREE to use with the GPS device of your choice.
- Have you ridden one of these routes? You can share your experience with other riders by leaving a comment.