The Off-Road Bicycle Education (ORBE) program seeks to educate, inform, and instruct trail riders and builders of all ages!
The goal of the ORBE program is to:
- Teach riders basic mountain bike skills.
- Inform riders of proper trail etiquette.
- Instruct trail builders how to best create sustainable multi-use trails.
Teaching Mountain Biking
The ORBE program can be modified depending upon the age and goals of your group. Listed below are some of our typical offerings.
- Mountain bike-specific skills and technique clinics (during or outside of school hours).
- On-trail skills and technique instruction (during or outside of school hours).
- School staff or volunteer training for those interested in leading rides for kids.
Teaching Trail Building
Trail construction is fun, active, and we’ve found that kids really enjoy it. Trails can be built on school grounds or in green spaces in some communities. The ORBE trail building program can be modified depending upon the age and goals of your group. Listed below are some of our typical offerings.
Adult offerings include:
- Teaching best practice principles to design, improve, or build sustainable multi-use trails.
- Provide hands-on assistance to improve or build multi-use trails to IMBA standards.
- Assist in the planning and organization of trail-design, trail-build, or trail-maintenance days.
Kid offerings include:
- Teaching best trail-design and layout practices and principles (during or outside of school hours).
- Guide kids through basic trail construction (during or outside of school hours).
To request more information or a visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.