- This event has passed.
***SESSION CANCELLED*** – Foundations of Mountain Biking – Wednesday Skills Class in Portland, Maine
July 15, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
*** THIS SESSION (7/15) IS CANCELLED ***
Skill Classes will be held every other Wednesday from 6-8pm (weather-dependant) on the Eastern Prom, meeting at the WW2 memorial, near the tennis courts and softball fields.
Skills covered to include:
– Fit and familiarization with your bike and its controls
– Proper body positioning for riding in different terrain
– Braking technique and timing
– Shifting technique and timing
– Climbing and Descending techniques
– Trail etiquette
All classes and rides are BYO-Bike and 18+. Check in with the Portland Gear Hub if you’d like to attend but don’t have the proper equipment. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. Also consider bringing water, a snack or two, and appropriate clothing (it gets breezy on the prom!).