Your next opportunity to get involved is less than a week away, as the MaineDOT’s first public forum is scheduled for Tuesday, March 15 from 6 – 8 p.m.
The forum will discuss the “family of plans”—Active Transportation, Rail, Transit, and Aviation—which will all feed into the MaineDOT’s Long-Range Plan. After an overview, attendees will be able to choose two breakout sessions to attend.
If you care about biking and walking in Maine, be sure to register for this forum using this link, and select “Active Transportation Plan” as the plan you’re most interested in—we want the MaineDOT to hear our collective voice!
As a refresher, here are some of the topics discussed at the webinar:
- Engineering roads in a way that actually supports & encourages active transportation
- Implementation of MaineDOT’s Complete Streets policy
- Roadway maintenance/snow removal policies that include bike/ped facilities
- Policies that promote/ensure inclusivity and transportation equity
- Bringing bike share & bike library programs to Maine
- Setting speed limits that consider pedestrians, people on bikes, and other vulnerable users
- Using NACTO for bike infrastructure designs
Additional public forums will be held on April 6, May 4, and June 7.
If you have any questions about the BCM webinar, MaineDOT public forum, or Statewide Active Transportation Plan, you can email email@example.com.
Be sure you’re up to date on the latest SATP news by visiting & bookmarking this link.