- This event has passed.
Community Spokes Webinar – Teaching Biking and Walking Safety
March 16, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Ensuring Maine’s bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists have the knowledge and skills to safely share the road is crucial to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s mission. BCM’s education program fields a team of professional educators who provide a local presence in nearly every county of the state and bring programming to nearly 10,000 kids and adults annually! The work of this team and program participants is one of the reasons Maine has been recognized as a leader in bicycle and pedestrian education.
Instruction types and venues range from school-based presentations to community-wide bicycle rodeos to on-bike skill courses with staff the Maine Department of Transportation office in Augusta. On this month’s webinar you’ll learn why bicycle and pedestrian safety training is so important, what the different program options are, what age groups they are best suited for, and how to setup an event.
- Erik Da Silva, Coordinator – The Maine Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education Program and the Maine Safe Routes to School Program
To join this webinar you’ll need to do three things:
- Register below ahead of time.
- To see the screen: Go to: https://join.me/bcmwebinar
- To join the audio conference: Dial 302-202-5900 and enter Access Code 899-858-373#
- (If you’re on a smartphone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter this meeting code: bcmwebinar)
Oops! We could not locate your form.