- This event has passed.
Webinar: Age-Friendly Communities and Active Transportation
December 16, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 amFree
The vast majority of older adults want to age in place, so they can continue to live in their own homes or communities. Over 17% of Maine’s population is 65 or older and about 21% of Americans 65 or older do not drive. In Maine, we are taking steps to increased mobility options so that older adults don’t have to rely on transportation by personal car.
Keeping older adults in their communities benefits Maine’s economy. When older Mainers can age in place with access to safe transportation facilities including sidewalks and transit, the state and Maine families avoid the high costs of institutional care. And by staying in their hometown neighborhoods our elders can continue to participate in the local economy by working, shopping, and volunteering.
On this month’s call, learn how local active transportation transportation issues dovetail with the needs and priorities of Maine’s aging population.
- Peter Morelli, AARP Maine Age Friendly Communities Program
- Register below ahead of time.
- At the time of the call, to see the screen: Go to: https://join.me/bcmwebinar
- At the time of the call, to join the audio conference: Dial 302-202-5900 and enter Access Code 899-858-373#
- OR If you’re on a smartphone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter this meeting code: bcmwebinar.
Oops! We could not locate your form.