BCM Course: Traffic Skills 101
July 15 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is partnering with several Bangor area bicycle shops to host Bicycle Mechanics 101 and Traffic Skills 101 classes. These classes are designed for adults and mature teens interested in upping their safety game. Use the link below to reserve your spot!
BICYCLE (MINI) TRAFFIC SKILLS 101- LAWS, BEST PRACTICES, FAQ FOR TRAFFIC & TRAILS RIDING:
– This is a condensed version of our 9hr Traffic Skills 101 Course.
– During the first 1/2hr, we’ll review safe/correct helmet use, bicycle fit, clothing, and the 15-second ABCQ before moving onto an overview of essential Maine bicycle laws & best practices that keep us safe and mindful while on the road or trail.
– The remaining 1/2hr will be an on-bike practicum of basic bicycle-driving techniques (e.g., starting/stopping, shifting, braking) and/or advanced crash avoidance maneuvers (e.g., emergency stop, quick turns).
– Instruction will be participant dependent and we’ll strive to ride within individual comfort levels.
– Class size limited to 5 participants.
– Bring your bicycle & helmet.