- This event has passed.
Sanford Bike Fest
June 4, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Experience the pleasure of biking on streets closed to car traffic!
This is a self-guided seven-mile ride that starts at Sanford YMCA on Emile Levasseur Drive, proceeds around #1 Pond, passes through the downtown to Sanford High School and returns along the same route. Sanford police will be managing cross traffic at key intersections.
Special attractions include:
– Eliot antique bicycle collector Zip Zamarchi’s collection of vintages bike available for viewing and riding.
– A bike jam featuring pro and local riders at Sanford YMCA
– A bike rodeo organized by Pack 355
– Grab-and-go food items provided by Third Alarm Diner, Mill Towne Tavern and Backpack Program
– Friends of Downtown’s display of large-format architectural renderings of the 1.7 mile Mousam Promenade protected bike path, construction of which starts in 2023
Helmets and closed toe shoes are recommended
Rain date is Sunday June 5